Fall is coming and it’s time to prepare yourself and your home for the cozier fall season. Lately, buffalo plaid fall home decor has been trending all over Pinterest, Youtube and the internet especially black and white buffalo plaid. Here, is a DIY buffalo plaid fall decor sign that should bring some Fall into your home. It’s easy and inexpensive. The bonus, the majority of the items can be found at the Dollar Tree.
What is buffalo plaid?
If you are not familiar with buffalo plaid, it’s a two-colored pattern made up of even lines that cross each other to form a beautiful square pattern. It’s available in multiple colors and sizes but the most popular are usually black and white or the red and black patterns. For this project, I will be using the black and white pattern but essentially you can use whichever colors that you desire.
Why is buffalo plaid fall decor so trendy right now?
Buffalo check is a timeless pattern that has been around for a long time. It adds missing accents to my home and creates a warm atmosphere. It’s cozy and the pattern mixes well with other patterns. Lastly, I love that it is available in multiple colors so when I get bored with one color I can switch it up.
Making a buffalo plaid sign
Here is an easy way to incorporate a little farmhouse and glam into your fall decor. Just remember, you don’t need to spell the word Fall. You can use as many of these Dollar Tree block pumpkins to spell whatever word you like. Some other ideas may be ” thankful” or “grateful” .
You will need these materials for this project:
- 4 dollar Tree block Pumpkins in any color. ( From Dollar Tree)
- Buffalo check scrap paper ( Walmart)
- Mod Podge
- Decorative Ribbon ( Dollar Tree)
- Sticker letters or letter stencils ( Dollaroma)
- Gold spray paint ( Michaels)
- Remove the glitter on the sign by sanding it down. Remove the bow from the stem.
- Paint or spray paint the sides and stem of the pumpkin with gold paint or with a color of your choice.
- Use your pumpkin to trace out the shape of the pumpkin onto your buffalo plaid paper
- Cut out your buffalo plaid paper and apply it to the front of the block pumpkin with Mod Podge.
- This step is optional. I could not find gold sticker letters that I liked. I decided to spray paint black letters with gold spray paint.
- Grab your letters and stick or apply to the pumpkin with glue.
- Seal both paper and letters with a thin layer of Mod Podge and leave to dry.
- Make a small bow using decorative ribbon and glue it to the top of each pumpkin stem.
- Viola! Now you have a beautiful buffalo plaid sign using a majority of dollar tree and inexpensive items.
If you decide to recreate your own buffalo plaid fall decor sign, I would love to see your photos! Please tag me on IG @sincerelyjackline.
Thank you for reading,
Until Next Time
For more great posts on motherhood, DIYs, fashion and more Subscribe by email
You may also enjoy reading this DIY post, Easy Kid Room and Nursery DIY Letter Wall Decor
Pin for later: